Monday, November 6, 2017

Worth

Hellooooo there! I'm finally back with another post! I know, I haven't posted since October 20th, huh? 😳 I blame that on school and laziness. Heh.

Well, I promise that won't happen again! I'll probably only take long breaks like that during the holidays and stuff. And near the end of the month, since me and my parents are going on vacation.

Anywho! Let's get into the..
Inspirational post(?)
Devotional(???)
Posts by Flaming

Well yeah, it is a post by Flaming..
Errr anyways, let's get started!

---

Photo credit: ccmmagazine.com Twitter website gadget
It's easy to think that just based on what people think about us, completely defines us. Or even- what you think people define you as. It could be one little thing you did, or said, that completely makes you think that everyone else looks at you differently now. 

I remember a few months back in Youth Group, there was a little activity my dad (he's the pastor) had us do. I don't remember exactly what it was, but it was something like, you had to write down five things that you want to be when you're an adult. I thought (for whatever reason) that it was like a sentence of what you want to be when you're an adult. I wrote my down, and my dad had everyone share what they wrote down. I shared mine, and I'm pretty sure that my dad said that wasn't what he mean't. And- everyone started laughing.

It's a small thing, but it hurt. I'm pretty sure after that I couldn't focus at all. I don't even remember the point of the activity. All I could think about was that moment. At the time, I wished I never had to go back in Youth Group. But, that wasn't an option.

From that point forward, I barely say anything in Youth Group, and answer any questions, unless I'm 100% sure that I have the right answer.

But that moment in time doesn't define me. And if anything happened in your life, and you think people feel less of you, that doesn't define your life.

The truth is, even if you think someone thinks less of you (or they do), you are worth so much more than what they think about you in God's eyes. God loves you, and cares about you, to Him, you're worth so much, and to Him, you're precious.

Proverbs 3:15 (NIV)

She is more precious than rubies; nothing you desire can compare with her.

A beautiful, and true verse. Think about that today. No matter what people think about you, or what you think someone thinks you're worth, you're worth so much to God.

Yeah, that time in Youth Group was pretty embarrassing, and I don't know what people thought about me right then, but who cares what people think, when you have a God who made the whole galaxy and everything in it, yet still cares about you, and everything in your life? 

~FlamingArrow

3 comments:

  1. Ah man, I remember when you told me that story! (It does have a good memory though, that was when Boo first got home from surgery XD) Amazing post! What a great meaning :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh it was? c: Boo Boo
      For some reason Boo Boo reminded me of Mozzy. XDD

      Thank you, Sarah! I hope to have another post up by tomorrow or Sunday. :)

      ~Flaming

      Delete
  2. *Claps loudly*
    Awesome post- I loved it! :D

    ReplyDelete