Saturday, December 30, 2017

Why 2017 Was A Great Year To Me

Hellooooo everyone! Oh gosh, I'm so sorry I haven't posted in a long time, I honestly had like 3 or 4 ideas for blog posts, and started them, but never finished them. Buuut here I am, actually posting. XD

I honestly don't know why I haven't posted in so long, I keep starting posts, then getting lazy. o.o

I really do love writing for this blog though. I feel like I can just really be myself, and be open about a lot of things.

Anywho, I did want to do one last post before 2018!

Today, I wanted to talk about why 2017 was a great year to me. So, before I get lazy and just stop typing right here (XD), let's get to the post!

---

This year, I really, truly felt closer to God. Years past, I would feel closer to God for a time, but again and again would just drift away. I would try reading my Bible, but never would get into the habit of reading it everyday.

But this year, God really did help me draw closer to Him. Truly draw closer to Him. Not just "I'm reading my Bible every other day, so I'm good." Sorta thing, but actually reading my Bible everyday, wanting watching sermons, and stuff like that.

I feel God really used Passion City Church to help me with a lot of things. I feel after watching Louie Giglio's sermons, really helped me draw closer to God, and even overcome my anxiety.

I had really bad anxiety, and it was getting to the point where every single day I would have anxiety. When I started watching Louie Giglio's sermon series, 'Goliath Must Fall', I realized I could relate so much to what he once went through when he had anxiety.

I can't really pinpoint an exact moment, but I feel it was a process of watching his sermons, that really seemed to draw me closer to God, and overcome my anxiety. It wasn't like a certain thing Louie said- it was all just a process that seemed to change my life forever.

Currently I'm reading a year long devotional that Louie wrote an introduction for, and he said how there's a difference from knowing about God, and knowing God. Which really is so true. Years past, I knew a lot about God, but this year I feel I really know God if that makes sense.

So I really think that was the absolute highlight of my year. Really knowing God. ^.^

Even if this year wasn't the best for you, and things didn't come out how you anticipated, there's still hope. There's still God. Knowing that you can come to God, He has never forgotten you, and he truly can do miracles in your life, is something that should make your year so much better.

---

On my other blog, I normally include a Bible verse at the end of every post. Since I didn't include a Bible verse above, I thought I'd share this passage with you guys.

Psalm 23 (NIV)

A psalm of David.
1The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing.
2He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,
3he refreshes my soul.
He guides me along the right paths
for his name’s sake.
4Even though I walk
through the darkest valley,
23:4 Or the valley of the shadow of death
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.
5You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.
6Surely your goodness and love will follow me
all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the Lord
forever.

A common, but beautiful piece of scripture! I read this one almost every morning.

I hope you all have a great New Year's Eve, and a wonderful beginning of your year! I'll hopefully be posting again soon. I might start doing monthly posts, instead of weekly/daily posts. We'll see though, I might pop in sooner! ^.^

~FlamingArrow

1 comment:

  1. Same Gracie ^.^ I hope this year brings me even closer to God!

    That psalm is so pretty ;)

    ReplyDelete